Are you an entrepreneur looking to create or improve a product or service together with low-income groups?
Join the bootcamp on "Inclusive Innovation" and learn from the best inclusive innovation cases and experts.
What is Inclusive Innovation?
Inclusive Innovation is the entrepreneurial development of something new with impact together with low-income groups. They create impact whether incremental or game changing and go beyond the pure invention process. They balance financial and social return for the entrepreneur or corporate company developing and implementing it as the objective is to create positive economic and social impact for entrepreneurs, corporate companies and consumers.
Inclusive innovations come in many forms:
● A new product (e.g. a bigoas based milk cooling unit for small holder dairy farmer developed by SimGas)
● A new service (e.g. high quality affordable care of Narayana Health in India)
● A product service system (e.g. the Kibo motorcycle taxi in Kenya that provides training to drivers and an app to show driver proximity to passengers)
● A new business model (e.g. Pay per use model of energy provider M-Kopa in Kenya)
● A new value chain actor (e.g. JITA in Bangladesh distributing to rural places or Guts Agro Industry Plc in Ethiopia).
Learn how to use Inclusive Innovation techniques
The online bootcamp will take you through modules in which you get access to the latest industry insights on Inclusive Innovation. You will have the chance to strengthen your capabilities and use a variety of tools to discover, define, develop and deliver inclusive innovations. Participants get to interact with experts and participants from businesses around the world.
The online bootcamp will be structured in 4 modules over a 4-week period. Each module consists of videos, background reading material and an assignment. In each module there is room to interact with other course participants. Experts are also active on the forum and will provide feedback on assignments. You will spend approximately 3 hours per week including ~1 hour of individual online reading.
Win free coaching sessions!
When you submit all 4 assignments during the online bootcamp you will receive tailored feedback from the organizers and you have a chance to be selected as winner of 4x 1 hour of personal coaching from an Inclusive Innovation expert. Make sure you send in quality assignments and you will be among the contestants for the coaching sessions!
The Bootcamp is designed to fit the needs of Social Entrepreneurs, working in developing countries. Members of the “empowering people. Network” of Siemens Stiftung, members of the IB Accelerator, members of the Engineering for Change community and everyone who is interested in social entrepreneurship is welcome to register.
- February 1st, 2016: Registration for Bootcamp opens
- March 31st, 2016 Registration process closes
- April 4th, 2016: Module 1 - Discover
- April 13th, 2016: Module 2 - Define
- April 20th 2016: Module 3 - Develop
- April 27th, 2016: Module 4 -Deliver
- May 1st, 2016: Last day to submit assignments
Four modules will cover the following learning points
Discover your capacity to innovate
- What is inclusive innovation?
- What is the innovator DNA?
- What are the latest innovation trends?
- Inspirational cases from the field
Define your innovation space
- What is a “Job to be done”?
- What is an user centric design?
- What are the latest technology trends?
- How does local context and competitive landscape influence innovation?
Develop your prototype
- How to affordably prototype your idea?
- Where to find innovators and collaborators
- What are the available innovation networks?
- What is the relation between corporate and SME venturing?
Deliver your market solution
- What to validate in your innovation?
- How to pilot?
- What are appropriate financial and legal frameworks?
- How to engage communities in the delivery?