We have partnered with FASE, the Financing Agency for Social Entrepreneurship (www.fa-se.de), to provide some content about Social Finance: A series of Webinars, blogposts and resources for download.
The offered content will follow the journey of a typical social enterprise, starting with an initial business set-up, business plan writing, forms of financing and ending with guidance on how to approach investors. We have focused on the topics that we feel are most relevant for you as social entrepreneurs with emphasis on financial items. You can either follow the entire journey or pick parts, which are particularly interesting for you at your current stage.
This is what you can expect over the next weeks and months:
A series of blogposts:
- Why is it good to be a social entrepreneur? (by Christina Möhrle, FASE) (Link: http://bit.ly/2kW2DoO)
- From the perspective of a hybrid financed entrepreneur (by Christina Möhrle, FASE) (Link: http://bit.ly/2k6w6rL)
- Are you ready for the quantum jump? (by Christina Möhrle, FASE) (Link: http://bit.ly/2mIDrRg)
- How to get started with the practical work (by Christina Möhrle, FASE; will be published in April)
- Lessons learned (by Christina Möhrle, FASE; will be published in June)
A series of webinars:
- “How to transform from a donation-based project into a sustainable social enterprise” on January 17, 2017. Watch the recording >> here.
- “Why good preparation is necessary and what you need for a proof of concept”, on February 22, 2017. Watch the recording >> here.
- “What to consider when getting your business plan ready“, on March 29, 2017. Watch the recording >>> here.
- “How to approach investors when looking for growth capital”, on May 10, 2017. Please register >> here.
Resources for download:
- Overview of financing forms (sidebar on the right)
- Investment readiness (sidebar on the right)
- Relevant documents and structure of a financing process (will be published in June)
The Financing Agency for Social Entrepreneurship (FASE) supports selected social enterprises in raising growth capital. They identify investors and financiers across the entire spectrum, ranging from private investors, family offices and foundations to social investors and banks. FASE specifically focuses on combining several types of investors and different financing instruments. This is in order to develop innovative financing approaches that can serve as role models and blueprints. FASE is an independent organization. They care deeply about the social and environmental impact of their projects and seek to advance the social finance sector.
FASE’s mission is to assist social enterprises with outstanding concepts in finding appropriate financing. Thus, they contribute to the evolution of a financial infrastructure for social innovations. Through their consulting, they enable social enterprises to finance significant growth steps across the often rigid boundaries between donors, investors and the public sector. FASE’s goal is to offer solutions to one of the most challenging obstacles – the expansion of social innovation in Germany – and to create a rich ecosystem for impact investing.